Kronley & Associates is highly regarded for the careful attention we pay to the specific needs of each client. Every client is valued as a unique entity, and trusting relationships are at the core of our engagement with each. In building and sustaining these relationships, we avoid canned approaches and one-size-fits-all answers while emphasizing both responsiveness to client concerns and flexibility in addressing them. As a result, we collaborate with our clients in developing targeted solutions to persistent issues, in charting creative pathways to change and in developing deep understanding about the impact of possible strategies on goals and outcomes.
The relationships that develop between Kronley & Associates and its clients are cemented by the skills and experience that the firm brings to bear on its engagements. Framing issues, research and fact-finding, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and accessible report preparation and presentation are hallmarks of our work. These attributes have resulted in major assignments, which have garnered significant results and have had deep impact. These include:
- Providing a West Coast-based afterschool organization with strategic and business plans that enabled it to expand nationally and develop new sources of support
- Developing a strategic plan for a racially-divided Mississippi school district that resulted both in a new, more inclusive, curriculum and passage of the first bond referendum to support the city’s schools in more than 40 years
- Advising an Ohio education reform organization on a fundamental change in strategic direction and the content of programs to support its new approach; the resultant strategic plan is credited with having a “profound bearing on the future of (the County) and the statei”and enabled the organization to develop and monetize new services
- Advising a leading Midwest cultural organization on expanding its operations and providing funding, communications and branding strategies to support the change
- Advising major corporations on how their foundations and charitable giving programs can improve the company’s bottom line; this work led to, among other things, Kronley & Associates’ development of a series of workshops and seminars, entitled “Appreciating Assets,” for company-sponsored foundation leaders and the adoption of new charitable approaches by several companies
- Assisting acquirers of community hospitals in Arkansas and Illinois in creating community foundations that conformed to legal requirements and promoted brand recognition and goodwill that grew out of the charitable enterprise
- Developing a strategic plan for a large family foundation that, among other things, resulted in new synergies between the foundation and the charitable activities of a family-owned professional football team, enabling more investment in early childhood, education and after-school experiences
- Advising a Colorado energy entrepreneur about strategies for a family foundation to create and invest in asset-producing enterprises in low-income communities
- Advising a foundation created by an association of trial lawyers about changes in programs and organization that would ensure more positive recognition, increased capacity, and greater grant impact
- Developing, for a public charity, analyses of the state of higher education desegregation in the South and what is required to propel it, some of our recommendations were adopted in Maryland, Kentucky and Virginia; at the same time, the client was able to build on the model we provided to produce a series of follow-up reports over several years that earned significant national recognition and increased financial support.
Our Approach: Focus, Relationships, Impact
We value every client as a unique entity, and trusting relationships are at the core of each engagement. In building and sustaining these relationships, we avoid canned approaches and one-size-fits-all answers while emphasizing both responsiveness to client concerns and flexibility in addressing them. We collaborate with our clients in developing targeted solutions to critical issues, in charting creative pathways to change and in developing deep understanding about the impact of possible strategies on goals and outcomes.
Framing issues, research and fact-finding, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and engaging report development are hallmarks of our work. These attributes have resulted in significant assignments, which have had deep impact. Examples include: